In this bonus episode of the Raleigh Raleigh Raleigh Podcast, we’ll present the best Dive Bars in Raleigh. A completely scientific study was done by way of polling of Facebook friends, tabulated to the nth degree, and presented here for your enjoyment. Criteria include cheap beer, a decided lack of lighting, and great bar staff.
- Slim’s -”We’re not happy until you’re not happy” Stiff drinks, great staff, and great music. Go. Just...go. You will not be disappointed. 227 S Wilmington St, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Office Tavern - Reminds me of a an old-school beach bar. Super dark, pool tables, and super cheap, just the way a dive bar should be. 710 W Johnson St, Raleigh, NC 27603
- The Goat - Go on Sunday for $1 Mystery Bottles. Call in sick Monday. Your boss will understand. 5111 Western Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Deep South - GREAT live music. Open 365 days a year. 430 S Dawson St, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Black Flower - tons of fun. $5 Sex Panther specials. Your liver will probably forgive you. Or not. Whatever. 517 W Peace St, Raleigh, NC 27603
- Pour House - Another GREAT live music venue. Adam, Nick, and Jac are some of the best in the business. Your next favorite band played here, or will play here. Did you know that Jac Cain played in Slurpee? It’s totally true! 24 S Blount St, Raleigh, NC 27601
- Ruby Deluxe - super awesome, super weird, super fun. Enter from Salisbury St. Yes, I know their address is 414 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601 Just trust me.
- Flex - the gayest dive bar in Raleigh. Thursday Night is Trailer Park Prize night. Do not miss that. 2 S West St, Raleigh, NC 27603
- O’Malley’s Pub - Good food, strong drinks, and live music most nights. 228 Hollyridge Dr, Raleigh, NC 27612
RIP for the following bars that have gone to that Great Keg in the Sky. A thousand livers were sacrificed at your altars.
- Comet Lounge
- The Brewery
As always, The Raleigh Raleigh Raleigh podcast is sponsored by the House of Swank Clothing Company. House of Swank makes the raddest North Carolina, Raleigh, and Southern themed tshirts on the planet. Come visit the shop in BEAUUUTiFUL downtown Raleigh at 315 S. Bloodworth St, or check them out online at www.HouseofSwankClothing.com. Make sure to use the coupon code Raleigh and get a Five Dollars off your first order